Current Affairs 17th April 2017Updated : 18-Apr-2017
Current Affairs 17th April 2017 - Important Points
- Who won Singapore Open Super Series - Sai Praneeth
- Name of hijacked Indian Ship which was released - Al-Kausar
- Who won Bahrain Grand Prix 2017 - Sebastian Vettel
- Robert Taylor passed away, he was great name in the field of - Internet and Networking
- Who won Asian Billiards Championship - Pankaj Advani
- Name of oldest person who passed away at the age of 117 - Emma Morano
Current Affairs 17th April 2017 - Details
Who won Singapore Open Super Series - Sai Praneeth
Among Sports Current Affairs, On 16th April 2017, B Sai Praneeth defeated Kidambi Srikanth to won Singapore Open Super Series. Total prize money of this event is USD 350000.
More about B Sai Praneeth :
B Sai Praneeth is from Telangana, Hyderabad. In 2016 he also won Canada Open Grand Prix Men's Singles title.
Name of hijacked Indian Ship which was released - Al-Kausar
Hijacked Indian ship was released on 11th April 2017. Name of ship is Al-Kausar. Pirates hijacked this vessel off the coast of Socotra Island.
Who won Bahrain Grand Prix 2017 - Sebastian Vettel
On 16th April 2017, Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari team won Bahrain Grand Prix 2017.
He was followed by Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes at second place and Valtteri Bottas at third place.
Bahrain Grand Prix :
Bahrain Grand Prix has its special name in history as it is first formula one grand prix to be held in Middle East.
Robert Taylor passed away, he was great name in the field of - Internet and Networking
Modern Computing and Internet pioneer Robert Taylor passed away on 13th April 2017. He was 85 years old. He played very important role in creation of the internet and modern computer.
More about Robert Taylor :
He also helped in development of modern computer mouse, when he was project manager at NASA in 1961.
He also played a crucial role in the creation of ARPANET in 1966.
He was awarded with prestigious National Medal of Technology and Innovation in 1999.
Who won Asian Billiards Championship - Pankaj Advani
On 14th April 2017, Pankaj Advani won Asian Billiards Championship. It was held in Chandigarh.
More About Pankaj Advani :
- Pankaj Arjan Advani was born on 24th July 1985, he is an Indian professional player of English billiards.
- He is the only player ever to win world titles in both the long and short formats of snooker and both formats of English billiards.
- If we talk about 6-red snooker then he is first world champion of India.
- He was honoured with Arjuna Award in 2004, then Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2006 and then with Padma Shri in 2009.
Name of oldest person who passed away at the age of 117 - Emma Morano
On 15th April 2017, Oldest person of world Emma Martina Luigia Morano passed away. She held Guinness World Records titles for Oldest living person and Oldest living woman. She was 117 years old.
She was raised in Vercelli and then moved to Maggiore, Italy. She lived through the World War I and World War II.
In 2011 she was also honoured with Order of Merit Award by the Italian state.